12.16.2008

Southern Hospitality.

There is a man that is nicer than any I've ever met.
He attributes my perception to the fact that the world is so messed up -- of course I think he's nice, because everyone else has been taught to be mean. Never have I met anyone so truly misunderstood. As soon as he walks into a room he is immediately labeled -- the drunk, the druggie, the loudmouth stupid ass redneck, whatever.

But he knows.

There's a lot to say about him, but nothing I can say will bring him justice -- everyone should just meet him.

I feel like I can understand a little of where he's coming from. We have similar behaviors, quirks, and speech patterns.

For some reason I give his rants weight, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I believe there's something more to him -- maybe something I can't quite put my finger on, and neither can he.

--------------------

Also, can I remind everyone [and myself] that I am too selfish for companionship?

There's a girl I like, though, and strangely I'm not waiting for it to crumble. I don't know what I'm thinking.

No comments: