12.01.2008

W:

Why must everything matter? Why does everything seem to have point? Why must everything be hidden?
Honesty is not always the best policy, and why is this? Because 'being open' is beyond the capabilities of some.
Who'd have thought that this place would become such a torment?
I like your smile. Can you feel it?
But I see what it does.
This place,
It leaves me naked, stripped of freedom.
Stripped of everything. I can see the others' eyes, but I cannot see their intention. They scan, with stealth, the visions of our bodies. Looking for signs of enlightenment, happiness, and the flight of foot, they grin easily with poisoned mind. Its a program, plain and simple, they've all read the book. They know whats next for us, this is why they grin. They know our lives, our futures, our every thought yet to be. They have learned that enlightenment is coupled with a sudden one-dimensional face. An archetypal facade is now placed over us, we wear it with contempt in our hearts. This isn't my style, I think, and I want it off of me now. I see your eyes, giving in, giving up.
If I ever want to find out where you are, I will simply read their book.
They will never find me, and neither will you.

Love,
Jessie.


No comments: