Imagine my terror as I hear the phone ring and awake me from my deep sleep -- its that ring tone... I know it well, and so does everybody else. She can hear me silence it, the dirty whore, so I decide to answer it anyway. The words that fell from her mouth, into her phone, and likewise into my ear made me sigh in frustration. I swallowed the urge to vomit out my usual response -- this is a mess I shouldn't have to deal with. I shut my cell and let the anger fester. Though I know that I should've said something, I couldn't bring myself to say more than "I'm sleeping." Those words had since become nonsense because I now lie awake with a dull sense of irritation and find it difficult to ease back into sleep.
How does she have so much control over me? What is it that allows my blood to boil or turn cold when I hear that ring tone? Thats not what I hate her for. No -- its the fact that she seemingly doesn't understand. It is THIS person who is the most dangerous of all. The person who will do anything to get their way, but doesn't realize that they have that kind of determination. The person who plays the pity card with everything, simply because she HONESTLY feels that her life is terrible and that she can't fix it. It must've surprised her when I would indulge her -- she must have been thinking "oh boy, now she wants to be around me!" when really she should've been thinking "wow, I'm such a manipulative piece of shit!"
I have resorted to plain and simple avoidance -- one of my best friends, one of my easiest means of survival. She really doesn't seem to understand this either. I am honestly at a loss of words. What more could I do? Its not enough that she has turned every conversation into a boring recap of a monotonous, cyclic dialogue? I don't mean to rehash everything for everyone else to hear -- its just that I can't wrap my brain around it... is it possible that someone else might be able to? Of course, it never is. And usually people will sympathize with my issue, but I'd like it if the issue didn't exist -- if it just went away when I pushed it away, or even if it went away after the intervention.
Look at this. Mush. Pure and complete nothing. I should treat it as nothing.
5.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment