Alright, here we go now. I was lurking an old soccer friend of mine and saw that she was promising to take her now-boyfriend to disneyland next summer. Honestly I couldn't help but snicker at this seeming optimism. The thought immediately popped into my head: why didn't I think of that?
What is 'that'? Promising somebody something so far in the future that you won't have to follow through. I'll admit, I've probably done this many times before, but has it been so consciously? Hm... well, yeah, ok, it probably has. I'm quite real, but don't want to push that attitude onto others, so I give them a false sense of security. Yes. Our friendship is sealed because I'm promising to take you on some theoretical trip.
Well wait a minute. Does she REALLY believe that she can make it last that long? How can anyone be so sure of something like that? The thought of pledging your life to somebody so readily makes my face pinch in disgust. Then again, its probably one of those relationships where the big L word [which nowadays feels like a little L word] comes into play about a week into it. Just because you obsessively hangout with each other and both like sports doesn't mean you love each other, dumbasses. Is there anyone who can explain the logic behind that deluded thinking?
But do I really have room to talk? What has my life been besides solitude, sarcasm, and self-love? Hm... but that sounds great to me. Maybe their lives of fake possibilities and empty words make them happy. Who knows.
Word.
5.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment