It is certainly an enigma that haunts me, taunts me. I pull thoughts, experiences, and metaphors lazily from songs I've heard and try to sew them together into some sort of definition.
I came here with a load and it feels so much lighter now that I've met you.
I'll be your phonograph and play your favorite albums back as you're lying there, drifting off to sleep.
You're more than just a voice because I've seen the sun light up your face.
And I think the dress looks nice on you, I can see a lot of life in you.
I'm not scared of being alone, I'm just happier being confused beside the fire -- as long as its with you.
Take your white finger, slide the nail under the top and bottom buttons of my blazer.
Do you realize that you have the most beautiful face?
Why'd you have to be so cute? Its impossible to ignore you. Must you make me laugh so much? Its bad enough we get along so well.
If I could open my mouth wide enough for a marching band to march out I would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings.
etc. etc.
Every inkling of every relationship falls short -- this is something I will never feel. This definition is impossible to satisfy. That sort of 'deep feeling' is fleeting, if it could even find the strength and resolution to exist. Well, I could probably feel love, but again, not by this definition. And if not by my definition, then how could I assert that it IS love?
I can feel myself pulling away, yet I want to draw you in. Its the most frustrating dance I've ever danced.
Could you ever claim me for your own? Am I wasting my time? Your fleeting attention is almost as elusive as 'love'.
I'll just veto it to the back of my mind.
Word.
6.04.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment